Kids Getting Older? I love it.

Everywhere I look moms are posting about how they want time to slow down or how they miss their kids being little. "Time Slow Down!!" is on every Time Hop Post on Facebook. Or 'Miss them being this age!!' Am I the only mom who doesn't agree?

I might be so with no fear of being mom shamed I will whole heartedly admit that I love my kids getting older! While I loved having a baby to hold I DON'T want to go back to that age.

Let me explain. I have no desire to have all my kids out of my house and have my life all to myself. In fact, the thought of my kids getting older and being gone is enough to make me join in with the 'Reversal of Time' Moms. However, I am certainly enjoying the journey of my now 2 teen sons and tween daughter.

I love watching them physically grow. I remember every stage very clearly and it's amazing to me to see how tall the boys are. As a big baby I knew my first son would be tall, but to all of our delight he's grown to 6'2" & I can't wait to see if he grows taller! My daughter is spindly and adorable.I never would have guessed that she would be skinny & all legs.

I love watching them gain independence. My daughter used to hate sleepovers because she didn't want to be away from home overnight. While I kept these feelings to myself - I secretly loved it. I want her always to feel safest at home. However, this past summer she went on 2 sleepovers without a hitch and said to me 'I'm growing up, mom.' I told her how proud I was of her to feel comfortable outside of our home.

I love seeing their personality develop. My middle son was the sweetest baby & toddler. He LOVED his mommy and would give me a million kisses if I asked. I never would have predicted that he would grow up to be the class clown. My cuddle bug, quiet baby will now do anything for a laugh from his friends. I often find myself holding in laughter while telling him not to do or say something. While he can drive me crazy he is actually very funny! I love his humor.

I love seeing them gain independence. My oldest son is taking drivers education, has his permit and has applied for jobs. He is such a go-getter. I have no doubt that he'll accomplish great things in life because he lives with such zest and no fear. My middle son wants to go to college at my alma matter. One day I'll visit him there & take him to dinner & buy him groceries & know that he no longer lives at home but he's loving life.

So this growing up thing that other mothers seem to loathe? I love it. Seeing my babies grow up to be adults is the best journey I've been on. I love it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Roundabout Way of Thinking